Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Me, Myself, and I

My name is Tessa, a UT student for two semesters, originally beginning at NYU. I originally started in a medicial field, studying Speech Pathology. Though I have kept interests in the human mind and the way we verbally communicate, and often research speech effects from traumatic brain injury as a hobby, I quickly found out that I could not see myself as a speech pathologist forever. I found my way to Advertising through a series of twists and turns, and enjoyed the creative outlet the art side of adveritsing supplied. 

Living in NYC for two years, I had access to some wonderful museums. However, I have never really researched much performance art or video art. I hope from this class, I learn how to better utilize these tools myself, but also develope a better understanding and appreciation of them. I hope to expand my creativity.




To share one of my experience with technology as an art form, a few weeks ago, I attended a concert in Ybor by a band named Taurus. Throughout their performance, they had the above video projected behind them while they performed. It gave a completely different atmosphere to their music and the concert as a whole. Hopefully I can learn how to change an entire enviorment by using multimedia art.

No comments:

Post a Comment