Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Xerox Project- Claustrophobia.

For my project, I only focused on two body parts: hands and the face. I've titled the piece Claustrophobia.
The process began with trying to capture a image of my face on the scanner. I wanted it to almost look like the person had received some bad news over the phone.

After that, I glued layer upon layer upon layer of hands. I played with the lightness/darkness on the xerox machine to achieve a variety of colors on the hands, so it didn't appear flat.

I wanted the hands to look like they were beginning to crush the face underneath; piling on and inching closer and closer. I wanted the hands to also act as a metaphor for stressful situations. Each hand represented a stress causing factor, all piling until there was barely a hole for you the breathe.




No comments:

Post a Comment