Monday, December 3, 2012

Kraftwork + House Music

As someone who has never listened to house music of any sort, it was fun looking through each of the links. Nothing like being exposed to something totally different in one dose! By far the most interesting to me was Chip E's "Time to Jack" The use of the repetivtive vocals was intertesting.

It reminded me of a song a friend of my in high school use to blast, Bruce Willis is Dead. Though at the time I was kinda like "WTF is this," knowing what I know about house music now, I can definetly pick out the clear inspiration.

Perhaps the most interesting thing for me about the Kraftwork documetry was the discussion about their influence on hip-hop. It definetly speaks to the post-modern crisis that genres keep creating themselves out of other genres. The cycle continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment